At A Glance St. Anthony School opened its door with two grades in September 1958. As the population of immigrants increased in Everett, each year additional grades were added, so that by September 1963, there were eight grades. Eventually, the Kindergarten and Preschool were opened. Originally, the Franciscan Sisters of Alleghany, New York, staffed St. Anthony School. Today, the faculty consists of lay teachers. Since its inception, the school's population has changed and now reflects the diverse population living in Everett and surrounding communities. However, the primary focus of the school continues to be to educate all students, regardless of economic status, religious and/or racial diversity.